- To accelerate each student’s learning and diminish repeated failures by providing students with research-based instruction, multiple opportunities to learn through extended learning time, differentiated instruction, early interventions, and ongoing assessments.
- To develop the school’s use of a Balanced Literacy Framework which is composed of reading (utilizing running records), writing, and word study across all grade levels.
- To expand the Enhanced Student Teacher Assistance Teams (ESTAT) process to ensure that all students needing intervention are identified and given the instruction required to enable them to reach their maximum potential.
- To develop and implement basic common assessments in all content areas.
- To use the data provided by these assessments along with other formative and summative assessments to create tiered lessons that match the needs of all learners.
- To support professional learning that increases teacher proficiency in the effective use of technology-rich resources and programs designed to improve instruction and student learning.
- To promote culturally responsive teaching that values each learner and incorporates active learning through project-based activities and assignments, cooperative learning, and problem solving.
To establish supportive partnerships among students, parents, educators, and the community in order enrich and remediate students both academically and socially.