History of George Washington Carver

The original George Washington Carver was built in 1908 and received an addition in 1938. Because of an influx of students in the area, a larger school was needed.  Construction of the school began in 1952 on a twenty-eight acre site.  George Washington Carver High and Elementary School was built to serve the African American population in the days of segregation.  At that time, the school was attended by both elementary and high school students.  G. W. Carver went on to serve only grades 5 and 6.

 Carver

Currently, George Washington Carver Intermediate School serves about 530 third, fourth, and fifth grade students with a staff of 120. Each classroom is equipped with Smartboards, computers, and laptops as we prepare our students to be 21st century learners.

Entrance to the Media Center

Welcome to the Library 

Art Room Sign 

 Welcome to the Art Room

Solar System Display