Teachers on the Team
Gaynor Heine- English
Karen Hughes - Math
Tracy Reynolds- History/AVID
Kathy Gray- Science
Meredith Foy - Resource Teacher
Bridget Storm - Teacher's Assistant
|Bell 3 (Core Plus)
The Dreamers team follows the school-wide grading policy: Tests/Projects 40%, Quizzes 30%, Classwork 20%, Homework 10%
Make up work is required to be made up within ONE WEEK of an absence. It is the STUDENT'S RESPONSIBILITY to get make up work. Late work is accepted WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME AND FOR A LOWERED GRADE.
All Dreamers core classes are located in the Annex. Students are escorted to the main building for lunch and elective classes. Parents/Guardians must check in at the office in the MAIN building to pick up students and/or visit classrooms.
The Dreamers teachers expect good manners, motivation for learning, and cooperative attitudes in order to foster a positive learning environment. In addition to each teacher's classroom rules, the students are expected to adhere to the following team guidelines:
- Be prepared. Students must bring the required supplies and assignments EVERY DAY.
- Stay on task at all times. Check your work twice. Always turn in completed, quality work. Ask for assistance BEFORE you get overwhelmed. We are here to help!
- Respect. Show respect for yourself, IRMS teachers and staff, your classmates, and property (yours AND others').
- Be organized. Keep your belongings orderly. Feel free to ask for organizational assistance. Leave your work area clean and free from trash. Return all borrowed items exactly as you found them.
- Class changes and lines (in hallways and during fire drills) should be quiet and orderly.
- Personal grooming is not allowed in the classrooms, only in restrooms.
- Eating is NOT allowed in class and gum is prohibited.
The 7th grade uses a demerit system to deal with inappropriate behavior that we believe obstructs the educational process. Failure to meet the expectations listed above will result in the student receiving a demerit with the following consequences:
Demerit System Procedures
||Warning issued to the student
||Phone call to parent
||Conduct notice or phone call to parent
||Required parent conference notice given and parent/teacher conference scheduled
||Referral - ISS (1 day)
||Referral - ISS (2 days)
||Referral - OSS (1 day)