You can reach us by email or by leaving a message at Indian River Middle School office (578-7030). We will return your call as soon as possible. You may also communicate through the agenda/planner. Please check and sign the agenda each night!
Teachers on the Team
Melissa Sabo - English
Pat Leathrum - Math
Morgan Powers - Civics
Karen Bennett - Science
|Bell 4 (Core Plus)
- Be prepared for class before instruction begins. Be in your seat, have all necessary materials ready, and make sure that your pencils are sharpened.
- Raise your hand and wait to be recognized before you speak or move about in the classroom.
- Stay on task, do quality work, and seek assistance when you need it.
- Show respect for yourself, your teachers, and fellow classmates.
- Leave your work area neat and clean. Return all materials to their proper places and place (do not toss) your trash in the wastebasket.
- Remain seated in class until the teacher dismisses you.
- Conduct yourself in an orderly fashion as you enter and leave the classroom and move through the hallways and cafeteria. NO horseplay!
- There will be no eating, drinking, or chewing gum in class. Food and drinks are to be consumed in the cafeteria. Likewise, perform personal grooming in the restroom.
- Coats and book bags are to be left in your locker.
IRMS uses a demerit system to deal with inappropriate behavior that we believe obstructs the educational process. Failure to meet the expectations listed will result in the student receiving a demerit with the following consequences:
Demerit System Procedures
||Warning issued to the student
||Phone call to parent and conduct notice issued
||Referral - ISS (1 day)
||Referral - ISS (2 days)
||Referral - OSS (1 day)
Please Note: Continuous failure to bring required materials to class and/or return signed papers after parent contact will result in disciplinary action. Students are responsible for carrying their agenda throughout the day. This will serve as their hall pass when needing to go to the bathroom, etc. If students do not have their agenda, they will still be granted permission to leave the classroom, however, lack of required materials will result in a demerit.
We believe homework is important because it reinforces what has been taught in class; prepares students for upcoming lessons; and helps students develop self-discipline, responsibility, and organizational skills. Students are required to write down their homework nightly in their agenda in all classes. Homework is due the following day, unless otherwise stated.
Please expect students to have homework nightly in all four core classes. Students will not be given time during the school day to complete their homework.
Work should be completed on time. If work is not completed on time, consequences will result. It is important that all assignments be completed on time.
- Our team is available to meet with parents Tuesday and Thursday between 2 and 3:00 p.m.
- If you would like a conference, please email or call one of the team teachers to set up a conference.
Makeup Work & Tests
- Indian River Middle School requires a written excuse from parent/guardian for absences.
- Students are responsible for completing any missed work.
- If a student is absent, it is the student's responsibility to pick up all make-up work/class notes upon return to school. Students are expected to make-up all missed work.
- If a student is present the day before a test, please make sure they are prepared to test upon returning to school.